Head Women’s Softball Coach
General Description of the Job
The Head Women's Softball Coach will direct all phases of the day-to-day operations of the Delaware State University women's softball program, including but not limited to: effective coaching and student-athlete development; successfully recruiting, retaining, and graduating high performing student-athletes; preparation, organization, design and implementation of effective practice plans, off-season programs, scouting reports, and recruiting systems; effective and timely budget management, equipment oversight, and travel planning; a commitment to community engagement, fund raising and effective public relations; adherence to NCAA, MEAC, and DSU rules and regulations. This position reports to the Director of Athletics.
The following are the functions essential to performing this job.
1. Successfully recruit, retain, develop, and graduate high-performing women's softball student-athletes
2. Preparation, organization, design, and implementation of effective practice plans, off-season programs, scouting reports and recruiting systems;
3. Effective and timely budget management, equipment oversight, and travel planning;
4. Effective community engagement, donor, and public relations;
5. Consistent compliance with NCAA, MEAC, and DSU policies, rules, and regulations
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The individual in this job must possess these skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that they can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
1. Knowledge in the operations and administration of a collegiate women's softball program.
2. Five years of collegiate softball coaching and recruiting experience required.
3. Excellent communication, organizational, teaching, public relations, interpersonal, customer service, and supervisory skills;
4. Strong knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
5. Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others
1. Education: Bachelor's Degree required. Masters degree preferred.
2. Expertise in the technical and teaching aspects of coaching women's collegiate softball;
3. Demonstrated proficiency in successfully recruiting, retaining, and graduating high-performing women's softball student-athletes;
4. Five years of collegiate softball coaching and recruiting experience required.
The criteria for evaluation in this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Demonstrate knowledge of the DSU Fundamentals;
2. Effective interpersonal relationships and communication with student-athletes, support staff, community, alumni, and administration;
3. Sound fiscal management and stewardship of program resources;
4. Consistent compliance with NCAA, MEAC, and DSU policies, rules, and regulations;
5. Preparation, organization, design, and implementation of effective practice plans, off-season programs, scouting reports and recruiting systems;
6. Consistent and successful recruitment, retention, competitive development, and graduation of high-performing women's softball student-athletes.
Note: The University reserves the right to change or reassign job duties as provided in policy and negotiated agreements.