Head Men’s Basketball Coach
Head Men's Basketball Coach
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
- Head Men's Basketball Coach will be responsible and accountable for all aspects of the program including recruiting, official and unofficial visits, practice planning, game preparation and scouting, scheduling of contests in conjunction with the Director of Athletics, student-athlete welfare, academic compliance and monitoring, NCAA, Conference and University rules compliance, fundraising and community service.
- Academics: Create and reinforce an environment of academic expectations, achievement, and success that supports and encourages academic progress and graduation, with an emphasis on programmatic policies and procedures that produce a multi-year APR score at or above NCAA minimum requirements and a single year APR of 985 annually. In a manner consistent with institutional academic integrity, the Head Coach agrees to direct all communication concerning student-athletes academics through appropriate administrative and academic lines of communication as stipulated by departmental and university guidelines.
- Administration: Operate, manage, administer, direct, supervise, promote, and develop the sport program within the guidelines and requirements established by the University and the Department. Required documents and related administrative responsibilities must be handled in a thorough, complete, and timely manner. Schedule all competitions for the program in conjunction with the Director of Athletics or designee. Promote execution of the Athletic Department's strategic plan by adhering to its mission and core values and acting upon its goals and strategies.
- Budget: Within the scope of authority, use university resources wisely, adhere to university and department fiscal procedures and practices, and operate within the budgetary allotment allocated by the University unless prior approval has been given by the athletics administration.
- Coaching: Ensure that team members are improving, developing, and progressing as athletes during their collegiate careers. Position program to achieve competitive goals as established in conjunction with athletics administration.
- Communication: Maintain effective, proactive, and responsive communication throughout the athletics program, while emphasizing relationships with sport administrators and support services.
- Compliance: Operate the sport program with an atmosphere of compliance, integrity, and within the scope and intent of NCAA, conference, and university regulations. Compliance-related activities and paperwork required of the sport program are the responsibility of the Head Coach and must be submitted in a complete and timely manner.
- Fundraising: Assist in promoting the University by soliciting and encouraging contributions to and support for the University's Department of Athletics. Make public appearances as a representative of the sport, the Department, and the University. Participate, as requested by the Director of Athletics or designee, in events, activities, and/or efforts designed to foster increased external participation in, and support for, the Department and the University.
- Public Relations: Cultivate and maintain effective relations with associations, conferences, alumni, media, civic groups, students, faculty, parents, and friends of the University as directed by the program's administrative supervisor.
- Recruiting: Recruit and retain student-athletes who can compete successfully on a level consistent with program expectations and who can be successful in an academic environment and graduate from the University.
- Role Model: Be a professional representative of the University and a role model for student-athletes, the Department, and the community. Operate within the rules, regulations, and policies of the University and the Athletics Department.
- Sportsmanship: Foster a positive environment that encourages and supports sportsmanship, and ensure that public statements are supportive of the University and the Athletics Department.
- Student-Athlete Development: Contribute to the total development of the student-athletes in the program in a manner consistent with the educational values of the University. In addition to their athletic development, provide support and assistance to service units and student-athletes with regard to academic progress and graduation.
- Team Player: Be a positive team player. Set a positive example for the Department by supporting the mission and philosophy of the Athletics program and the University.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Five (5) years' experience coaching basketball at the NCAA Division I or II level.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Knowledge and understanding of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Master's Degree.
- Coaching experience in men's basketball at the NCAA Division I level.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Head-Men-s-Basketball-Coach_R-036464