Head Men’s and Women’s Volleyball Coach FT/PT
This full-time or part-time appointment requires a commitment to the NCAA Division III philosophy. The Dean College Athletics Department is a Provisional Division III member of the NCAA and competes as a member of the New England Collegiate Conference (NECC) and Eastern Collegiate Football Conference (ECFC). This position is responsible for all aspects of running a competitive men's and women's volleyball program.
- Identifying and recruiting successful student-athletes;
- Monitoring student-athletes' academic progress.
- Coach, supervise, mentor and develop student-athletes;
- Develop, organize and lead all phases of player skill development, practice organization and in game management and strategies;
- Prepare team budgets, manage finances, plan season schedules and coordinate travel arrangements;
- Lead continuous program and student-athlete development efforts, while supporting academic excellence and progress;
- Participates in college, departmental staff, conference and coach meetings;
- The position will potentially also have administrative duties in the department;
- Other duties as assigned.
Preparation, Training and Experience:
- A bachelor's degree in an appropriate discipline required, master's degree preferred;
- Minimum of two years of collegiate coaching experience, teaching professional or professional playing is preferred;
- Prior NCAA Division III Collegiate volleyball experience (as a student-athlete) preferred;
- First Aid, CPR, AED certification or willingness to obtain preferred;
- Valid Driver's License;
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills.
Managerial and Supervisory Responsibilities:
All applications are filed electronically.