Head Coach, Men’s & Women’s Golf
-Recruit and graduate student-athletes who maintain the standards of the university and department.
-Recruit, mentor and supervise assistant coach(s).
-Schedule practices, games, transportation/accommodations and travel itineraries for road contests with the approval of the Athletic Administration team and in coordination with the Administrative Assistant to Athletics and sport administrator.
-Disciple and assist with character development of student-athletes.
-Plan and be engaged in community service activities.
-Represent the University at conference and national meetings as assigned.
-Prepare and oversee program budget.
-Assist and provide fund raising efforts aimed to support the Athletic Department as well as golf program.
-Assist in the development of public relations with local constituencies aimed at gaining support for golf as well as all athletic programs.
-Attend mandatory coaches and departmental meetings.
-Responsible for a variety of administrative support duties as assigned by the Athletic Administration Team.
-Complete other duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants must demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the golf industry, with coaching and player instruction a point of focus. An undergraduate degree is recommended. He/she must be an effective public speaker, positive/personable, and demonstrate a successful recruitment plan, while graduating high academic achieving students. Coordination or participation of community service and college engagement activities, and camps and clinics is a plus. The successful candidate must have the ability to market the great academic opportunities at William Jessup University and its affordability.
- Knowledge of and committed to William Jessup University mission statement and philosophy, the NAIA, and conference rules and regulations.
- Knowledge and understanding of all aspects of the game of golf
- Coaching or recruiting experience
- Experience supervising volunteers.
- Requires a valid driver’s license and is eligible to drive on University-related business (i.e. to practices, games, etc. including transporting students) according to WJU insurance requirements.
- Exhibit and articulate a vibrant, personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Strong organizational skills, proficiency in oral and written communication, public relations skills, and strong self-motivation characteristics.
Please apply to: