Head Baseball Coach
The Head Baseball Coach has the responsibility of managing the sport and student-athletes in the best interest of Presentation College and in accordance with all the rules of the NAIA and the North Star Conference. The Head Coach must demonstrate: 1) effective leadership of the team and the Baseball program; 2) an outstanding ability to teach the sport to student-athletes; 3) an excellent knowledge of the sport; 4) the ability to effectively recruit and retain student-athletes; and 5) the ability to represent Presentation College in a positive and effective manner.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
With Respect to Student Athletes and the Team:
- Monitoring of student-athletes' academic performance and athletic eligibility.
- Overseeing academic credit for Intercollegiate Athletics.
- Acquiring knowledge of national association and conference policies and eligibility standards, with demonstrated commitment to adhering to policies/standards.
- Coaching on-field/on-court/on-course to include practices and games/matches/meets.
- Develops core values for the program and incorporates these core values into all aspects of the program.
- Is responsible for meeting enrollment goals for the program as established annually by the athletic director.
- Is responsible for operating the program within the budget established by the college.
- Is responsible for knowing and complying with all rules and regulations of the NAIA and the North Star Conference.
- Supervising any assistant coaches and work-study students assigned to the team.
- Scheduling and planning of practices and training programs.
- Coordinating team travel for programs under the position's direction/responsibility, to include vehicles, motels, and meals, in conjunction with Athletic Director.
- Coordinating events management for home games/matches/meets.
- Coordinating public service and volunteer opportunities for student-athletes and athletic staff
- Budgeting for all programs under position's direction/responsibility.
- Violation of National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) or North Star Athletic Association (NSAA) rules is prohibited and may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
- Maintaining appropriate and positive professional media relations.
- Assisting in securing advertising and sponsorships in accordance with College policy.
- Assisting with media guide(s).
- Maintaining current information on College web site for programs under the position's direction/responsibility, in conjunction with the Sports Information Director.
- Perform game day coverage as assigned.
- Perform dome/Strode supervisor coverage as assigned.
- Participate in all Booster activities.
- Assuming other duties as assigned by the College and/or Athletic Director including game management.
Education and Training
Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and experience required. Valid South Dakota driver's license and driving record acceptable to the college's automobile insurance provider is required.
Knowledge and Experience
Prior Baseball coaching experience required, preferably at the collegiate level.
- Normal temperature working environment.
- Moderate to little amount of noise in the work environment.
- Friendly, teamwork type of work environment.
- Normal amount of overtime and extended work hours required.
College Mission, Vision & Values
As part of the Presentation College Learning Community, you will be expected to play a role in supporting the legacy of the Presentation Sisters, in promoting the Mission, living the Core Values, and furthering the Vision of the College.