Graduate Assistant, Athletics Compliance
REPORTS TO: ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF ATHLETICS - COMPLIANCE
The compliance graduate assistant is responsible for, but not limited to, assisting with the day-to-day duties of managing the compliance office. This position assists the associate director of athletics – compliance by being a secondary liaison between several College departments, including: the compliance committee, department of athletics leadership team, Admissions, Financial Aid and Registrar. This position also serves as the secondary liaison to the NCAA and the Eligibility Center. This is a ten-month, two-year appointment, both pending successful evaluation at the end of year one.
- Understands NCAA, conference, and college regulations and remains current on all legislative proposals regarding athletics.
- Implements policies are procedures to comply with NCAA legislation.
- Review potential eligibility issues.
- Conducts rules education for coach, staff, student-athletes and representatives of athletics interest.
- Provides legislative updates and issues rules interpretations as requested.
- Secondary contact with GMAC for all compliance reporting and monitoring.
- Assists with investigation and reporting for rules violations. Assists with appeals and waiver requests for review by director of athletics.
- Tracks and monitors all CARA activities.
- Reviews NCAA eligibility list and certification list for all teams.
- Logs unofficial and official visits.
- Explains pertinent policies and NCAA rules in Initial Squad Meetings.
- Reviews Amateurism and Name, Image, and Likeness usage by student-athletes.
- Assists the assistant director of athletics for compliance and rules education in the preparation of papers, reports, planning documents, agendas and policies and procedures. i.e., ISSG, EADA report, NCAA Graduation Rates, etc…
- Projects and promotes inclusive education with the highest standards where student-athletes are empowered to lead lives of personal significance and professional success as global citizens.
- Bachelor’s degree in physical education, sports management or related field preferred.
- Acceptance into a Lake Erie College graduate program required.
- Knowledge of intercollegiate athletics, rules and regulations of athletic associations and conferences.
- Knowledge and skill in using integrated software systems and Microsoft applications.
Qualified applicants will have the availability to work evenings and weekends, possess a valid driver’s license and insurable driving record and have the ability to travel for team practices, competition and recruiting.
As one of the oldest institutions of higher learning in Ohio’s Western Reserve, Lake Erie College is proud of its long heritage. From its start as a female seminary, in the Mount Holyoke style, to the coeducational institution it is today, the College has been a leader in higher education for over 160 years. Offering both undergraduate and graduate degrees, the College fosters an environment of engagement, empowerment and self-evaluation in a diverse world, for both students and employees. We offer a rich menu of employee benefits in retirement, health, education and more, affirming the value we place in our employees.
Lake Erie College provides an excellent, inclusive, and highly personalized education grounded in the liberal arts tradition. Guided by hope and care, our students are empowered to lead lives of personal significance and professional success as global citizens.
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume and three professional references to: email@example.com (preferred method for applications) or Graduate Assistant, Athletics Compliance Search, Lake Erie College, 391 W. Washington St., LEC Box 358, Painesville, OH 44077. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.