Assistant Football Coach
Position Number: 997686
Salary: $40,000 - $42,000
Assists head football coach with the coordination and management of the intercollegiate football program. Assist with supervision of graduate assistant coaches, student assistants, managers, and student-athletes.
Typical Duties/Job Duties
- Responsible for complying with all NCAA, LSC, Angelo State, and Texas Tech University System policies, rules, and regulations.
- Assists with practices and developing player skills and game strategies.
- Assists with recruiting potential student-athletes.
- Assists with academic support for student-athletes.
- Assists with player evaluation, promotion of the football program, and community engagement activities for football student-athletes.
- Assists with home event management, as well as team travel arrangements.
- Positively represents football and ASU in the community, area, state, and nationally.
- Assists with fund raising activities in the athletics department as assigned by the Director of Athletics or other University administrators.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of football skills, strategies, rules, and conditioning principles.
- Ability to conduct practice drills and activities.
- Ability to motivate student-athletes.
- Skilled in oral and written communication.
Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited university or college is required. Football coaching experience or collegiate/professional playing experience required.
Master's Degree from a regionally accredited university or college is preferred. Intercollegiate football coaching experience preferred.
The position requires prolonged periods of standing with intermittent sitting, walking, reaching, bending and grasping. Manual dexterity is also necessary. Incumbent works both in and outdoors, and has periodic exposure to dust, pollen, heat, cold, and inclement weather.
Angelo State University is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting and ensuring equal employment opportunity for all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Angelo State University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to ensure equal access to employment opportunities for qualified individuals with disabilities. We are committed to ensuring that a qualified individual with a disability has the same rights and privileges in employment as non-disabled employees. If an accommodation is requested for the job application process, please contact our office at (325) 942-2168 or email us at email@example.com.
Posting Number: S372P
Open Until Filled: Yes
Online App. Form: