Assistant Coach – Men’s Baseball
General Summary of Position:
The Assistant Coach - Baseball assists with the organization and supervision of all aspects of the Baseball team within the parameters designated by the university, the America East Conference and the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
Essential Job Duties:
1. Assist with all aspects of student-athlete development and performance of the baseball program, to include:
- Organizing, recruitment, evaluation of student-athletes.
- Conducting and supervising practices and player conditioning.
- Accumulate information to comprise scouting reports on future opponents.
- Assist with the preparation and implementation of game strategies.
- Breakdown and analysis of individual film.
- Providing appropriate leadership, direction and supervision relevant to the academic progress and personal development of student-athletes.
- Creating a positive and productive environment for the student-athletes.
2. Assist with oversight of administrative functions within baseball program:
- Participating in conference and NCAA meetings.
- Adhering to all conference and NCAA rules/requirements relevant to the conduct of the intercollegiate baseball program.
- Preparing information relevant to budgeting, equipment needs, and program concerns.
- Coordinate Team and Staff Travel.
3. Provide supervision of staff of the baseball program by:
- Assigning responsibilities of team managers.
4. Participate in promotional and public relations to advance athletic programs by:
- Providing assistance with departmental fund-raising.
- Representing the Department of Athletics at designated University, departmental and community functions.
- Serving in public relations capacities as needed.
- Coordinate Summer Academy plans, registrations, details.
- Promote the University’s commitment to customer service by:
- Build effective partnerships with co-workers throughout the University by freely sharing appropriate information and providing assistance when needed.
- Ensuring optimum service to all internal and external partners in response to all requests for service and information.
- Maintaining an environment that is welcoming to persons of all backgrounds, nationalities, and roles.
Other Job Duties:
1. Performs other related duties as assigned
Willingness to work evenings and weekends as necessary.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-3 years baseball coaching experience at the NCAA level that includes recruiting and all administrative duties that head coach deems necessary
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of NCAA rules and regulations
- Knowledge of techniques and strategies of the sport
- Commitment to high ethical standards and academics success
- Experience working effectively in diverse environments
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to throw Batting Practice
- Infield or Catching background preferred.
- Proven ability to provide mentoring and leadership to student-athletes and a commitment to student-athlete welfare
- Effective communication, interpersonal and public relations skills
- A job offer for this position is contingent upon a satisfactory response to a background and Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) check and review
Special Instructions to Applicants:
A job offer for this position is contingent upon a satisfactory response to a background and Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) check and review.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.