Assistant Athletic Coach (Women’s Basketball)
Florida A&M University is pleased to announce the acceptance of applications for an Assistant Women's Basketball Coach position. This position reports to the Head Coach and Director of Athletics.
Supports the goals and objectives of the athletics program; Assists the Head Coach with organization of practices, fundraising, and any other area of responsibility as directed by the Head Coach or Director of Athletics; Complies with University and NCAA Division I rules and regulations; Works cooperatively and responsibly with other departmental personnel; Supports the student-athlete concept and will demonstrate concern for the health, safety, and welfare of each student-athlete; Assists the Head Coach with the annual budget to meet the needs of student athletes and the department; Assists the Head Coach in monitoring student-athlete classes, grades, and progress to ensure compliance with NCAA requirements; and performs additional duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in appropriate area of specialization and one (1) year of related experience coaching at the high school level or above. Must possess or be able to obtain the National Athletic Trainers Association Certificate. Successful experience as a graduate assistant or intern in an athletic program is acceptable for up to one (1) year of the required experience.
• Knowledge of compliance with National Collegiate Athletic Association, Division I rules and regulations;
• Knowledge of basketball fundamentals, position detail and strategies;
• Knowledge of budgeting process and basic Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Work, etc.);
• Knowledge of team travel;
• Knowledge of time management, organization and technical skills;
• Knowledge of fundamental basketball equipment needs and ability to order equipment;
• Skills in videotaping and the use of such equipment;
• Ability to teach basketball fundamentals during preparation and practice sessions; and
• Ability to motivate teach players through effective and appropriate interaction with diverse populations, University Community and the public.
This is an Administrative and Professional (A&P) position.